4.16.2010

Search THIS Little List

It saddens me to read everyone's blogs and tweets about their spring break vacations . . . graduation and the working world have put an end to these for me, and instead of longboarding/sleeping/movie watching/cooking/baking/novel reading my heart out, I'm a busy copywriter staring out my office window at the beautiful weather I'm not a part of. Oh, well. Money must be made.

My little list today will focus on a search I did; a search of searches. Namely, the top ten searches that have led people to my blog. From least to most frequent, here they are, written exactly as they appeared when typed in a search box . . .

1 "panchae" - Trying to find Panache, I guess! This misspelled search always links to my various posts on Panache giveaways, even though each post has the spelling correct.

2 "garrypants blog spot" - My friend Jeff set up a blog dedicated to a tree he owns. Guess some friends of his were curious as to its humble life, and stumbled upon my blog which links to it?

3 "wrangler red we are animals" - This search leads to entry on Wrangler here, where I mused some thoughts on their controversial ad campaign.

4 "bloody butt ring" - Yeah, you read that right. Also in reference to my Wrangler post, taken from the phrase "But then again, is that a bloody butt crack I see? Ew." This comes up more often than the actual search for "wranglers red we are animals." What the crap!?

5 "MAN MAN RABBIT HABITS" - And always in all caps too! Ever since I did my quite recent post on albums I'd hang on my wall, this one comes up a lot. Why aren't users simply being directed to the band's site?

6 "ohnojules.blogspot.com" - Whoever was searching for my blog obviously typed this in a search box instead of the URL bar . . .

7 "jno jules" - Leads to my blog homepage. Who's Jno?

8 "van halen roller skates" - to this entry. Just go see why for yourself.

9 "kaysells mountains" - this has led people to this entry, specifically the phrase "I mean, Mary Kay sells make-up, right?"

and the most commonly searched term that directs traffic to my blog IS . . .

10 "zombie minnie mouse" - I get this at least once a week. And it takes them to this post, in which I wonder what to be for Halloween. No zombie Minnie here, folks.

I've searched each of these terms myself and my blog NEVER comes up, so it's a surprise to me how people have discovered my little corner of the world while Googling the likes of bloody butt rings. Oh, Internet. Happy reading, Googlers!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...