3.04.2010

Grunge

I have a friend who’s a Mary Kay consultant and has asked me to host a party. I’m usually the first person to avoid these things, because I feel so awkward at them, like I have to buy something. But I really like my friend. And, I’ve been putting it off since before I left for Russia. So, you know, I owe her.

I asked her if it had to be facial party. I mean, Mary Kay sells make-up, right? Can’t we have a crazy make-up night? Like smoky eyes or mermaid blues or something? Or a theme, like, you know, 90’s grunge party?

Plaid flannel! Nirvana! Doc Martens! Pearl Jam! Seattle! OMG Courtney Love! Empire Records! Babydolls! Those bucket hats with flowers on ‘em! Guyz this could be awesome. 80’s parties are fun and all, with their glitter and leg warmers, but let’s get brooding and angsty. Make-up wise, I guess that’d just mean matte foundation with brown/berry lipstick, but, you know, I’m fine with that.

Let’s watch episodes of Daria!

Just some thoughts. Not sure if she’ll fly with this idea.

But here’s a Panache giveaway!

2 comments:

Mo said...

I miss Daria. And I really wish I could come to your Grunge party...

McKenzie said...

DAAARRRRIIIIIAAAAA! um I have been told 4 different times that I remind people of courtney love...dunno what thats suppose to mean. BUT, I LOVE 90's music, LOVE doc martins, LOVE empire state of mind, (liv tyler's best performance i think) and i LOVE YOU! can i come? can i can i? i will wear slacks with my smashing pumpkins tshirt. you are great and always have great ideas!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...