2.08.2011

Tumbling, tumbling

Well, I have a serious post today.

On New Year's Eve, I had a blog post scheduled to go describing my Top 15 of 2010, but scratched it because one of the things on the list I wasn't really ready to talk about, and that was #15, Getting Pregnant. Anyone who's been keeping up with this blog (or me in general) knows that I ended up miscarrying, and to this day I'm not over that sad event. It was so hard, especially in January (my due date had been 1/1/11) to see friends who conceived around the same time I did to have their babies arrive healthy and problem free. I'm very happy for them, but I can't pretend it didn't make me feel lonely.

Now, I wasn't all gripes and rainstorms last month. I had some things I was set on doing to stay positive and keep happy, like my new camera, my new watercolors, and a sneaky art project. But then something happened: I got pregnant again.

Was I planning on waiting to announce this? Yes. Last time I regretted announcing so early only to have to retract the statement, but you know what? By coming out in the open with my pregnancy and my miscarriage, I got a lot of love and support from people who would have otherwise been in the dark. And that support made such a difference.

So, I'm announcing it now. Besides, it's harder for me to hide being pregnant this time around. I've been sick as a dog - nausea, nausea, nausea - and missing work and my RS duties - both have been wonderful and understanding in the matter, but nonetheless, the cat's out of the bag when you're green in the face, not taking any medicine, and refusing the chicken soup that's brought to you.

I guess I just want you all along with me for the ride, no matter what happens. Perhaps I'll post the Top 15 of 2010 later this week . . . now that we're 2 months in to 2011's #1.

11 comments:

Amy Johnson said...

I am so excited for you and Seve. I haven't been around to see that you've been green in the face, but I've been wondering. Congrats Congrats!

Mallory said...

Oh so awesome! YAY and Congrats!

Lindsay said...

Congratulations, Jules! I had no idea you had a miscarriage, and I'm sorry to hear that. That would be incredibly hard to deal with. I'm so glad you are expecting again, and I wish you the very best!

brandilyn said...

i smiled so big reading your exciting news! you and seve have been on my mind today because i saw the poster for doubt and it was just the right mix of awesome/creepy. i'm really, really excited for you guys! you're in my prayers and thoughts and i hope everything goes so well.

mk said...

so happy! congratulations to you both! (i was friends with seve in high school). :)

Liz said...

Jacob and I love you! We're so happy for you, and also know that we're here for you through this whole thing. Here's what Jacob just suggested I tell you:

"Hey when you're here for dinner, you don't have to eat, you can throw up in our toilet if you want to, or you can eat our food. Here's a pillow! Do you want a pillow? Prop up the baby's head."

And I second all of that.

Let us know if there's anything we can do for you! Hugs and high fives to Mama Jules! (and Papa Seve too)

Mo said...

Whhhhaattttt!!!??? Ohhhhh YESSSSSS!!! Baby Isaacs is on it's wayyy!! Yipee! Not yipee for nausea, but yipee for babies!!!

Carianne Hoshiko Hirano said...

Jules, congratulations! I'm so happy for you. I'll be keeping you and your little family in my prayers.

kate said...

oh i am so happy for you. so, so happy.

Mother in Zion said...

YAY! Oh so very excited. Hopefully you get to keep this one. Our prayers are with you.

chelse said...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! YEAAAAAAAA! I'm sooo excited for you! This is what happens when you don't have the internet for 3 weeks.... you don't hear amazing news! We are so happy happy HAPPY for you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...