2.01.2011

Brrrr So Unpleasant

If you're tired of illustration posts, I'm sorry . . . actually, I'm not, because they make me really happy. The reason you've been seeing so many recently is because I've entered Frankie's Sketchbook Showcase, where they send you some Field Notes books to draw, doodle, sketch, scribble, paste and stitch in! Those chosen will be featured in the magazine.

I most likely won't be chosen . . . not only is my body of work online pretty minimal, but I live in the U.S., which I doubt the Australian magazine will bother shipping to since I think the showcase is time sensitive. That, and it's not like my work is spectacular. But they're into quirky sketchy stuff, so what do I have to lose?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm not sick of them, not at all. maybe someday i'll post mine. i guess i'm just so stuck in photography that i haven't branched out (and i'm a little scared.)

i love that you said "dat's cold!" so much. sooooooo much.

Mallory said...

Is it just me, or do the Aussies have it figured out??? I follow like 10 Australian design and fashion blogs...without even realizing that's where they're from, until they have a giveaway I can't participate in, cuz I'm not AUSTRALIAN enough :(..I'd be called a bluey or something if I were.

Anyways! I love your art! It makes me happy, and reminds me to get myself in gear to make my own.

And I think the cold sux. PEACE.

Liz said...

I like your illustrations, and this one rings especially true. I'll probably steal it (and credit you of course).

Rachael said...

Jules, i love your sketches! they're great! very creative!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...