1.31.2011

From the Sketch Book

image via: me!

I've been experimenting with new styles lately to try and find *my* style when it comes to illustration. Some of my inspiration can be found here: Danny Roberts, Caitlin Shearer, Catherine Campbell, Chrissy Lau. I'm having the hardest time trying to master pesky hands and feet!

Matthew Lyons had a funny quote this morning on finding your style:

After adding milk to cereal I can not be distracted. Must eat cereal before it turns into soggy cereal. I know of humans who put their cereal with milk in the microwave to make it purposely soggy cereal. Everyone is good at drawing it just depends on your inspiration. Your taste is what directs the work and knowing the range of different ideas to steal and mush together so no one knows is the secret. I have to trust my taste. Cereal should not be soggy.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...