10.19.2010

That sweater's really big

Oh look it's hipster Harry Potter & pals!

Who hasn't heard of the NaNoWriMo? You? K, click on that link and then come back.

I attempted my first National Novel Writing Month back in high school. I've done it few times since, but feel a strong conviction to really go for it this year. Not as in write a serious novel and submit to publishers with bleeding heart but to just write a novel for fun, see how it turns out, and share it with friends if they care. Make it cheesy on purpose or something.

Sadly, I can't remember just how many years I've participated in NaNoWriMo . . . I know it's a lot, and I've only reached the 50,000 word count once. That was for my own personal retelling of The Nutcracker . . . trust me, it was pretty awesome. Well, I had fun writing it, anyway (have you seen the trailer for that nutso steampunk little-kiddy Nutcracker? Not sure how I feel about it).

This year, I'll be writing about [drumroll] werewolves! And please take your mind off Twilight werebros, this is SERIOUS BUSINESS. You can check out my NaNoWriMo profile here, and admire the swanky new badge in my side bar. Oh, and October is officially National Outline Writing Month. What's left of October, anyway.

So who's with me? K. See you there.

2 comments:

Mo said...

Okay....Me no likey the new Nutcracker preview. It's freeekayy! I'm pretty excited about your non-twilight werewolf writing.

brandilyn said...

omg...i love this picture so much. like i want to print it and frame it on my wall so much. and i feel like a big ol' chicken who wants to do nanowrimo but is just a scaredy cat. a chicken cat. i'm tired, i'm not making sense. this is a good post.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...