1.07.2011

Little List: New Year's Resolutions

New Year's Resolutions. People have been dogging on these lately. Come on people TRADITION it's just fun.

I have one resolution this year. You know that question "If your house was on fire and you could only save one thing, what would it be?" Assuming my spouse and kids make it out of the house fine with their own one special item, my answer has always been "my laptop." Because it contains my journal, stories, art, etc. Things that can't be replaced. But now with DropBox and my new external hard drive (Christmas present from Seve!) I can free up my one item to be a cake or my favorite dress or something.

This year, my resolution is to make those irreplaceable documents/pictures more worthwhile and relevant. So, I'm going to:

1. Get a camera. A nice camera. And take pictures. Lots of 'em.
2. Draw more. (btw, image Kelly Thompson)
3. Blog/tweet more. It really amazes me how out of touch with social networking some people are. I'd like to second Rachelle Gardner when she says people who scoff at blogging/tweeting just don't get it.
4. That being said, I'm totally Facebook retarded and should probably fix that.
5. Write more. Finish this.

K, now that that's out of the way, it's time for me to make a big announcement: my mother, who has been writing and querying for the past four years, has just gotten an agent and her book has been requested by six different publishers. 

Congratulations, Mom! You're going to be a published author!

2 comments:

brandilyn said...

AAAAH CONGRATS TO YOUR MOM!! that's the most thrilling news ever! and i like your resolutions and agree about the scoffers. haterz be hatin'.

Liz said...

Go Jules' mom! That's absolutely fantastic!

I think social networking just demands moderation. Not abstention. Or overdosing. I'm pro.

wf: "comato." noun. a comatose tomato.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...