12.01.2006

Some beautiful place to get lost

I've been meaning to write in here lately, and now that I actually have the time I guess I'll talk about my latest goings-on. Yesterday was Last Day at work, and I was sure to do the Last Day Dance for anyone willing to look. Today was lazy and wonderful. I got the Beatles' White Album recently. I never grew up on the Beatles or listened to anything besides "She Loves You" before, so this is a real treat. I always considered myself musically seasoned, and most music-lovers have the Beatles' anthology packed away in their past of musical discovery and might bring up songs as fond memories and not necessarily for heavy listening, but I get to discover them like any new artist ahead of me. And to be honest, I really don't know anything about Paul McCartney or John Lennon aside from the Apple dispute and the heart-kidnapping of Yoko Ono. I can talk about Jimmy Page's sex fantasies and Bob Dylan's half-assed interviews, but Beatlemania is a mystery to me. I think I'll keep it that way for now. I like not knowing anything about them, I like not knowing anything behind the songs on this album. I just get to listen and discover, make-fun-of and love. No preconceived baggage, I can just enjoy. I'll read up on them later.

 

I can't wait to move. It's been building up inside of me for so long. I want my life back, I want to say goodbye to Oregon once and for all, I want to become an A-obsessed student freak and pursue internships and writing assignments like it's the end of the world. I want to read more books, listen to more music, write more, drive more, eat more, live more.

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

1 comments:

secondhandwings said...

I feel the same way about the Beatles.
I think the first thing I learned about them was that their name wa sa pun back when I was little, when somebody explained the meanings of puns.
I don't know much more than that.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...