12.16.2006

Early one morning while making the rounds

I had my wisdom teeth out on Monday. This is the first day that the pain has subsided, my face is less puffy, and my body is little less enamored from all that medication. I'm in Texas right now! I arrived on the 6th for my brother's birthday, spent a few days unpacking and organizing all my for-school-in-Idaho stuff, and prepared a bedroom for my recovery. I had the surgery early on Monday morning. All I remember is giggling in the oral surgeon's chair, then throwing up blood in my bedroom. The transition felt like minutes, but apparently was three hours later. My mom said I was so out of it after the surgery that she and a nurse had to carry me out to the car. For the past few days I've been in bed watching movies and slowly eating milkshakes. My lower lip and chin were numb and completely void of feeling that first day, and when I was trying to drink the first chocolate milkshake my mother lovingly made for me, I didn't realize my lower lip was in the cup rather than on the outside. Ice cream went down my chin and onto my neck. I was so out of it I didn't feel a thing; I thought I was just having some sort of sharp pain in my throat. It was pretty funny, so says my mother.

Now that I'm felling a little better, and looking a little more like myself, I think I'll call up some long lost Texan friends.

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...