12.20.2010

Hey There, Four Eyes!

I recently received some glasses from Warby Parker. If you have terrible vision (I'm at -4.something in each eye) and a flair for obnoxiously thick glasses, this site lets you choose five pairs to be shipped to you at no cost to try on at home before you buy. They're also hip like TOMS in that when you buy a pair, another gets shipped to a less-monetarily-fortunate and vision-impaired individual in need. After receiving my five, I've narrowed it down to these two:

The Fillmore
Pros: fits my face very well (as in nice and snug), ridiculously hip right now
Cons: might be too much of a novelty, more quirky than attractive on me
The Colton
Pros: Fashionably classic, attractive on me
Cons: not as snug as I'd like--they slide forward when I look down, but this can be fixed

And here are some crappy photos courtesy of my camera phone:
Thoughts? I've got some: I seriously need a bang trim.

4 comments:

Carianne Hoshiko Hirano said...

I like the Colton pair... they are a better fit.

brandilyn said...

i like the second one for suresies. also-i went to the eye doctor and i'm at a -7 (!!)...ridiculous!!! us blind chicks have to stick together!

Liz said...

Yeah, ditto. I like the Colton too. I need new glasses next month...thanks for the website shout out! I think I'll try that.

Mother in Zion said...

Definitely the second one...though I think the first pair makes your eyes look bigger...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...