10.05.2010

We shall cook again and our bellies will rejoice

Well, well, here's another foodie post. Looks like I cook after all. A week or two or three or FOUR ago I made some "Texas-style" stuffed jalapeños. They were delicious, but don't make my mistake: wear GLOVES when you slice jalapeños. My hands were on fire all night, and the next day. The peppers weren't actually very spicy when we ate them; it was the seed removal that got me. That's where the punch is stored; DO NOT touch the seeds with your bare hands. And, uh, don't accidentally touch your eye afterwards, either.

My own photos this time, that's why they're less than stellar.
Recipe:
5 big peppers, cut in half.
1 package cream cheese
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Whatever spices you happen to enjoy
Bacon!

Mix the cheeses & spices, stuff the peppers, top with bacon and bake at 350° for however long it takes to get the bacon nice and crispy. Like 10-15 minutes. Done! Now eat!

In other news, Carrie gave me a blog award! This is my first ever blog award and I feel very loved and flattered. Also, I get to spread this love and flattery:
Rules:

1. Save the image above and post it to your own blog
2. Pass the award on to 12 fellow bloggers
3. Link the nominees
4. Let nominees know they have won this award by commenting on their blog
5. Share the love and link to the person you received this award from.

1: Lindsay at Love, Lindsay
2: McKenzie at This Ain't a Surfin Movie
3: Seve at Papa Shark
4: Mallory at Eager Eye
5: Sammy at Mermaids, Etc.
6: Elyssa at The Imagination to Improvise
7: Chelse at Sunshine Everyday
8: Michelle at meish.photography
9: Nathaniel at You Remind Me of Home
10: Maria at Running Alpha
11: Kara at white.carnation
12: Jen at On Meat and Ruin

K THNX BAI

2 comments:

chelse said...

1. thanks for the tag.... and 2. your dinner looks scrumptious. I want to try it. Was it good?

Mallory said...

Thanks! Hope you're having a great dayay!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...