8.23.2010

Little List of online shopping I love but can't afford and even if I could I'm so appalled by their prices I wouldn't shop there anyway only actually I would because I love the clothes OH THE CLOTHES (and the shoes)

I can't find the exact post, but the Clothes Horse once blogged about herself in terms of being "not cool," as in she didn't consider herself a hipster or fashionista, but just someone who really enjoyed fashion. She admitted to not being part of any "scene" or following any particular trends--just wore what she liked, trendy or not, and that was that. I think a lot of us can attest to feeling that way.

Since marrying, I've reigned in my fashion spending, but that doesn't mean I don't covet the finds on these sites:
Pixie Market - dress $110, shoes $189, socks $101 = $400
Urban Outfitters - cardigan $40, skirt $70, shoes $98 = $208
L.A. Vintage - skirt $46, bodice $62, heels $54 = $162
Topshop - blazer $80, dress $60, shoes $70 = $210

Considering the pieces, these prices aren't terrible, but nonetheless not things I can afford. This is why I shop here, despite their reputation. I calculated a full outfit with cardigan, dress, stockings, shoes, hat and bag to be somewhere around $80 total. That's like, one sock from Pixie Market.

So, I'm pretty poor. As in, I'm poor and still pretty.

1 comments:

Seve Isaacs said...

poor is pretty. and you are both of them. that is to say: i love you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...