8.13.2010

Did I ever tell you I'm on Team Edward?

Just so you know: my job requires me to write everyday. Everyday I'm writing either a blog post, an article, a news release, a case study . . . you get the idea. And sometimes, my mind is just too fried to write. I write for a tech company and truth be told, I don't know tech that well. I now know it phenomenally better than I did eight months ago, but still, I'm at the amateur end of the spectrum.

That's why I love this blog. It's my release from this techy guru world I've been thrown into.

So, updates:

-I never got to tell you about my trip to Philadelphia. Well, it was hilarious. Story time: we went to Pat's for some authentic philly cheesesteak. It's the "King of Steaks" and apparently Larry King and N*Sync have eaten there. Not together, I presume. It's not even a sit-down restaurant, but a largish outdoor stand with a line that wraps around the building for all the eager cheese steak-eaters. The line moves incredibly fast, and there's a sign by the order window that says READ THE MENU KNOW WHAT YOU WANT HAVE YOUR MONEY READY OR YOU'LL BE KICKED OUT OF LINE. Something like that. Are you familiar with Soup Nazi? Good. So, the people at Pat's are Steak Nazi's. I anticipated this (thanks to said sign) and had my order and money ready to go, so I got my sandwich and was on my way. My coworker, who will go unnamed, was not ready and let the fear and intimidation of Pat's get to him and accidentally stuttered out that he wanted "cheesecake" instead of "cheesesteak" and was kicked out of line. FUNNY. Don't worry, my other coworker ordered a second sandwich for him.

-Texas! Just got back and had a great time with family . . . not much else to add because, truth be told, I'm not of a fan of Amarillo and really only visit to see my family. There's not much to do in Amarillo and there are NO longboarding hills to speak of so Seve and I are glad to be back in hilly, green, lush Idaho and all the longboarding it has to offer.

-Denver Airport. Known for its delays. Our flight got delayed which made us arrive in Salt Lake close to midnight, thus missing our shuttle back to Rexburg thus having to stay a night in Salt Lake THUS blowing money on a hotel that needed to be spent on car insurance. Denver Airport: I do not <3 you.

And, uh, that's all.

1 comments:

Mark said...

Edward Scissorhands is on top 3 favorite movies list.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...