4.21.2010

Desire

I am totally digging this board right now. My birthday is a mere month away and Original's Apex 34 is calling to me. It's incredibly lightweight (just under 5 lbs!), incredibly flexy, low to the ground, and supposedly great for sliding. Unfortunately, it's out of stock. And after an email to Original, I learned that it probably won't be back in stock for another two months.

Boo.

In the mean time, I'll be re-graphicizing my Spud. And when/if I get the Apex 34, it'll get a makeover as well. I'm just not too keen on these street/gangsta/gnarly dude!/graffiti graphics.

Not that I don't enjoy me some good graffiti.
Via Dolk.

My interest in the Apex 34 was sparked when this weekend, out on a nightly ride with friends through the ever-enchanting Broulim's parking lot, a mysterious car pulled up to Amy and asked what board she was riding. We all quickly rode over to her (we've seen Taken) when the driver turned out to be a well-intentioned longboard-maker who quickly showed off his handmade board complete with the signature springy Original trucks. He let us each have a turn on it, and those trucks are amazing. For a 90 lber like myself, I need trucks like that if I my weight is going to make any kind of dent in a tight turn, and the more I slide the more I wish my board had a little more flex to it.

Two months, two months! Did my heart love till now? Forswear it, sight! For I ne'er saw true beauty till this night.

3 comments:

brandilyn said...

freakin a, your longboard talk is adorable. makes me wish i longboarddeed!!

McKenzie said...

the broulims parking lot is amazing! so smooth so um call me for your nightly rides? haha but i dunno about that graphic dissolver talk! i have a board we could try it on though!

McKenzie said...

OH! and i was thinkin, you could borrow trent's old board to see how you like it! its a loaded vanguard and it is the flex 5 so its like a dang trampoline!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...