4.01.2010

Dealing with this

It's been a really bad week. I've seriously been down in the dumps. A real mess happened at work, but my boss and coworkers have stood behind me 100%. I have such a great team here.

I hadn't really had time to cope with what happened, and I hadn't talked about it to anyone but Seve. I'd been so busy, but last night I finally had time alone to myself to reflect on the situation. We produced an ad that ran in several papers in Idaho and Utah. So far, everyone has found it funny and we've gotten really great feedback.

Except one guy.

He wrote a pretty angry letter, so I wrote back an apology. Rather than accept it, he wrote back another mean letter, this one attacking me. Appalled, my boss tried to call and console him, but the guy only attacked my boss too.

It's been a really strange occurrence, and I know I shouldn't let one crazy guy get to me. But writing that apology letter only opened up myself to be the target of all his frustration. I don't know what this guy is dealing with to make him so upset, but he's really felt the need to attack me and my work personally. Being a member of the Church, he even took it upon himself to attack my moral standing. Really out of line, really unprofessional.

So, I've been in the dumps. Why is it that out of the hundreds of clients I deal with who offer me happiness and gratitude, I let one letter of hate and spite get me down?

4 comments:

McKenzie said...

You probably already know this but most people who get that intense about anything really, are just LOOKING for a reason to be offended. He is choosing to be immature so there you go. You did right on your side! You're wonderful Jules and anyone who has any sense would know you would never try to hurt or offend anyone! Love you!

Jules said...

Thanks McKenzie! You know just what to say to cheer a girl up!

Mo said...

Watch Hot Rod. Rod Kimball cures all.

Anonymous said...

Had a friend once tell me: "Not everyone is going to love you, no matter what you do." Epiphany, right? Figured the best thing to do from there is to love me, insecurities and all. Embrace the fact that you care and are a people pleaser, as long as you're true to yourself.
You're wonderful and anyone who would think otherwise doesn't deserve to know you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...