3.18.2010

We'll be daring

So many little disappointments. First, it's not Friday; second, my order for a kickin' new dress from UO (seen above) has been listed as cancelled in my order status . . . no explanation . . . and the charge lingers on my account. Time for a phone call. Third, with my mother-in-law in town I forgot all about my yoga class. Which I had invited her to attend with me, and she happily accepted. We both forgot. Fourth, didn't get to see my Russian volunteers last weekend (except for a fluke run-in with Courtney!) Fifth, I have to reschedule the grunge party (time has been changed on the invite). This one actually isn't a disappointment, as I wasn't doing much this week to prepare for it anyway, just been too busy. The extra week will give McKenzie and me time to make it spectacular . . . I swear we're the only ones who're excited about this thing. The majority of those I've brought it up to either don't get it or think grunge is too precious to satirize.

But, on the agenda so far:
- Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Veruca Salt, Hole & more
- Empire Records . . . or an episode of Pete & Pete . . . or Daria . . .
- Prize for best dressed
- Mix CDs as party favors
- 90s matte make-up tutorial (this is a thinly veiled Mary Kay party, after all . . . at least a portion of it is, anyway)
- Karaoke? Messing around on a guitar and amp with heavy distortion? Pretending to shoot up cocaine via pixie sticks? Or ring pop necklaces just because COME ON RING POPS? Still figuring it out.

2 comments:

Courtney said...

I saw you I saw you I SAW YOU!!! And it was in Forever 21 which was just awesome! I miss you, Jules!

Liz said...

So I've begun to blog-stalk you. Hope you don't mind. And I think you need to have another grunge party, because Jacob would die of happiness. Like, he might be translated in his elation. You rock. I'm adding your blog to my little sidebar thing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...