2.03.2010

Suitcase always packed



My husband and I move around a lot. Even before we got married we moved around a lot. I grew up in the military and he just grew up with a dad who was always changing jobs. We talk about going back to Kiev or even China, but honestly, I think Las Vegas for his student teaching is in the works. I'd prefer to stay here for my copywriting job, but for the sake of his career staying in Idaho isn't exactly the best move.

Maybe we'll do Mexico next summer after Vegas. Or go to Thailand for 6 months. We know we just need to settle down and get on with our grown up lives (or the life expected of us from our beloved grown ups) but we don't really want to settle down. I'm not itching for kids or a house yet and he's not either. The opportunities we have to travel aren't going to be open forever and we'd like to explore every door of this hallway before they close on us.

Sometimes I'll go through pictures of my volunteers out and about in Moscow or of myself back in Beijing and I find myself getting jealous, then I have to remind myself that I was there already. And by the end of those trips, I was ready to go home.

Well, in the near future we'll be enjoying Targhee this weekend. Try my feet at snowboarding, maybe?

1 comments:

brandilyn said...

oh, snowboarding's the BEST! the first few times are hard, but fight through. it'll get really, really awesome.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...