2.19.2010

A Little List (and Pearl)

Friday Friday Friday! My favorite day.

Aside from being an American Mormon graduated 20-something copywriting female, who am I? Here’s a little list of some things you may not know about me:
1. I love dogs.
2. I don’t like pancakes.
3. I’ve met George W. Bush.
4. I support gay marriage (a post on that later).
5. I lived in Tagu, South Korea as a little girl.
6. I’ve been to six proms – for one I made a prom dress out of duct tape.
7. I wish I had majored in Geology.
8. I weigh 90 lbs.
9. I don’t like swimming, and I’m terrified of fish.
10. I’m a closet Tamagotchi fan.

In this music video one of my female crushes, Natasha Khan, describes her feelings of being torn between two versions of herself: the free-spirited, wild, free, childlike, fantasy-loving self; and the serious, business-oriented, worldly, self-absorbed femme fatale--in short, kind of a country mouse vs. city mouse feel since Khan grew up in the Hertfordshire countryside and now records in New York. In her music she calls this city-persona “Pearl” and feels as though she’s always in battle with her, but loves her at the same time.

Anyone else have a Pearl? Mine powered my ambitions and got me where I am today career-wise, but I sometimes feels like she gets first say in anything I do, and that my childlike self is dissolving. Some may call this growing up, but I just fear I'm getting boring, or simply losing sight of the things I used to love.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...