5.23.2008

We don't care about the young folks

Have I mentioned that I plan on going into YA publishing? That's the whole reason I'm reinventing Outlet, taking an internship expedition to Random House, meeting with Glimmer Train next weekend (hopefully), and frankly, why I write in this blog. It's all experience, of course, and stuff that keeps me writing/editing. But why YA? It's a guilty pleasure, really. YA is so fun, and just imagine the book tours. Each week I check the bestseller lists and various YA authors/librarians blogs, then go nuts at the bookstore. To me, discovering the latest teen novel is like discovering a new band. Something similar to:


    OMG Vampire Weekend! Have you read Repossessed?
   
    or
   
    Hells yeah Coconut Records! Let's get some Audrey, Wait!.

Uninvited was even a great read (for Twilight fans who prefer drinking, anyway).  Right now I'm looking forward to the release of The Explosionist and the dead and the gone. For funsies, here is some MASH from E. Lockhart. Also of note: Sweethearts, The Book Thief, Freak Show, and Wake.

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...