10.09.2006

QotD: My Favorite Sense

Which of your five senses (touch, taste, sight, hearing, or smell) do you value the most?
Submitted by Elisheva.
Probably hearing. When thinking of the question I wanted to say touch, but it's just a close second-- because the question is what do I value the most, not which one is my favorite. I have terrible vision, taste is great but not that great, and smell has its pros and cons-- smell can conjure up memories, both good and bad. The smell of the ocean reminds me of my long-gone best friend, pumpkin makes me happy, even the smell of Pantene Pro-V shampoo reminds me of my grandma's house when I was a kid. Smell can change my mood and lift my spirits. But it can also turn up my nose when I drive past a dead skunk in the road. I value hearing the most because if I ever lose my vision, it will be my hearing that will direct me through life. And I don't think I could ever live my life without music. Music has the same effect smell does, when it comes to conjuring up memories and what-not. Hearing is my safety, and my blessing.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...